Yoga Classes Near Me
Feel physically invigorated and energetically balanced
Body Positive Works Yoga
The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit language meaning ‘to yoke together’. It refers to the union of mind and body through controlled movement and breath. This union allows us to achieve balance and harmony within ourselves.
Benefits of BoPo Yoga
At Body Positive Works we work with compassion and understanding to personalize yoga for you, to help you find your way back home to your true self.
There are many reasons why people choose to practice yoga. They might want to improve their fitness level, reduce stress, or find clarity. People who practice yoga often report feeling more relaxed, more calm and energetic.
There are many different styles of yoga, each with its own benefits. If you are interested in learning more about yoga with BoPo, contact us.
Body Positive Works yoga teachers create a yoga practice for your specific needs, helping you on your healing journey.
Yoga is a traditional Indian philosophy of physical, mental, and spiritual exercise. The various methods include asanas (physical exercises), breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation. The goal of yoga is to reach the state of ultimate spiritual freedom. Yoga helps many people relieve stress, improve flexibility and tone muscles.
The mindfulness meditation portion involved in the practice might help improve cognition by potentially slowing the typical age-related decline in memory abilities. Yoga was also shown to decrease feelings of anxiety and depression.
With our hectic lifestyles, it’s hard to find time for actual physical therapy let alone be able to practice yoga. However, there are many benefits these days: yoga classes at a studio near you and all you need is a few minutes.
The benefits of practicing Yoga are wide-reaching and can help with stress, depression and post-traumatic disorder by boosting serotonin levels as well as reducing anxiety.
Types of yoga
There are several different types of yoga including:
- Hatha – This style focuses on stretching and strengthening muscles.
- Vinyasa – This style involves moving from one pose to the next without resting.
- Ashtanga – This style focuses on building strength and endurance.
- Iyengar – This style focuses on alignment and proper use of muscles.
- Bikram – This style focuses on warming up before practicing yoga.
- Kundalini – This style focuses on balancing the chakras.
- Yin – This style focuses on relaxing the body and calming the mind.
- Restorative – This style focuses on healing the body after injury or illness.
Yoga Classes Near Me
We have easy access to Rt. 17 and the Garden State Parkway, and we are close to the border of Rockland County.